What types of cookies does BCG use? We describe the categories of cookies BCG and its affiliates use on this career site below.
Declining Cookies If you decline consent to non-essential cookies, you may still use this career site, but your ability to use some areas of our site, will be limited. For example, you cannot receive job recommendations on this career site based on your browsing activity and this career site will not be able to personalize your experience. You will still be able to apply for jobs through our job application forms, log in to this career site using LinkedIn, join the Talent Community or subscribe to Similar Job Alerts.
How can I control cookies? Performance and Functionality cookies can be controlled by checking or unchecking your consent on this page. Overall, you can control cookies from your browser-level settings. Each browser typically allows a user to enable, disable, block, allow, or remove cookies by visiting the settings, tools, or preferences tab that can be located within the browser itself. For additional questions regarding any specific browser, please contact your browser support directly.
Essential Cookies These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the career site and use its core features. Without these cookies, the core features of this career site (such as navigating between pages) cannot be provided. These cookies are also used to remember choices you make (such as your username, language, or the region you are in), recognize the platform from which you access our careers site, and to ensure secure, accurate session management, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your machine will be recorded for the period of time that you visit this career site. Essential Cookies are enabled.
BCG These cookies facilitate navigation through the site and the saving of preferences and content.
This Site uses the following essential cookies from BCG.
Essential Session cookies:
· PHPPPE_NPS Tracks if user has seen NPS feedback popup or not.
· PHPPPE_GEO Tracks the user's country and the continent.
· ext_trk External Apply Tracking Parameters in case of re-direct to ATS.
· JSESSIONID Used for session management.
· PLAY_SESSION Used to prevent malicious actors from tampering with a user's session.
· PHPPPE_CVD Tracks if the user has accepted or declined the COVID banner.
· PHPPPE_EXINT Tracks if the user has seen exit intent popup or not.
· in_ref Original referring source of traffic to the career site.
These essential cookies are persistent cookies that persist in the browser (unless deleted) ranging from 30 days minutes to up to 365 days:
· jwtToken Used for login session management when using a feature with username/password (e.g. Candidate Home/Profile) (30 days).
· PHPPPE_GCC Tracks if the user has declined cookie tracking on cookie banner / settings page (90 days).
· VISITED_LANG Career site Language (ex: en,fr) the candidate picks; only applicable if using multiple language sites (365 days).
· VISITED_COUNTRY The country that the candidate chooses if they're not automatically redirected to a language subtenant (365 days).
· VISITED_VARIANT Visited Site type or persona (student/professional)
Eightfold Cookies (necessary/essential)
· vs Referred to as: 'Non-Authenticated User' Cookie identifies the user as a ‘not yet authenticated’ (aka User is not signed into Eightfold). It is essential to protect Eightfold infrastructure from bots & malicious actors. This cookie does not provide access to authenticated pages. Expiration: Configurable (Default: 1 year).
· _vscid Referred to as: Load Balancing Cookie Cookie is used for load balancing, content delivery, and application responsiveness. This cookie does not provide access to authenticated pages. Expiration: Configurable (Default: 1 year).
· _vsa Referred to as: Authenticated User Cookie identifies User as an ‘authenticated account holder’ (aka User is currently signed-on to Eightfold). This cookie contains the timestamp when the user was authenticated and is used to invalidate session if needed. This cookie does not provide access to authenticated pages. Expiration: Configurable (Default: 1 year).
· session Referred to as: Authenticated User Session cookies help users access content that requires authentication. Usage: Each time the browser requests a web page from the server, it includes the session cookie with its request to verify. Expiration: Session. Session ends on events like browser close or password being changed or account being disabled. SameSite restricted.
· remember_me Referred to as: Authenticated User Remember me cookie helps users access content that requires authentication. Usage: Each time the browser requests a web page from the server, it includes the remember me cookie which can be used to generate a session cookie if missing. Expiration: Configurable (Default: 1 year). Remember me cookie is invalidated on password change or account disable. SameSite restricted.
Performance and Functionality Cookies
These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of this career site based on your consent. These cookies facilitate navigation through the site and the saving of preferences and content. We also make use of analytic cookies to analyse how our visitors use the career site and to monitor the career site performance. This allows us to provide a high-quality experience by customising our offering and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. These are non-essential to their use therefore subject to your consent. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate this career site. A session cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by changing your browser settings, as described under the heading "How can I control cookies?".
We collect the user’s location-based information for the purpose of matching the user job search criteria. We will only share this information with our mapping provider for the sole purpose of providing the user with the location-based job search Service. The user may turn off any geo-location tracking at the browser and device level. By turning off the location tracking, the any geographically based Services on this Career Site will no longer be provided to you.
This career site uses the following non-essential cookies from BCG:
Non-Essential Session cookies:
· utm_source Identifies the advertiser, site, publication, etc of the referring URL.
· utm_medium The advertising or marketing medium specified by the referring URL marketing team.
· utm_campaign The individual campaign name of the referring URL.
· utm_content Used to differentiate similar content, or links within the same ad from the referring URL.
· utm_term Keyword to identify a campaign.
· P_REF_CNG Flag to avoid wrong referring source when using social account sign-in feature; when using social media to sign in, it overwrites the referring URL; this flag is used to keep the original referring URL intact.
These non-essential cookies are persistent cookies that persist in the browser (unless deleted) ranging from 30 days minutes to up to 365 days:
· Per_UniqueID System generated unique Identifier for browser thumbprint; used to remember personalization across sessions for job recommendations (browsing history, any interests specified) (365 days).
These cookies collect information to measure and understand how visitors use our Site. This includes user activity tracking on this Site, including pages visited and links clicked.
Tracking and Advertising cookies (or targeting cookies)
These collect information about the browsing habits associated with your device based on your consent and are used to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used by services provided by third parties on this Site, such as ‘Like’ or ‘Share’ buttons in addition to providing the requested functionality. Third parties provide these services in return for recognising that you (or more accurately your device has) have visited a certain website. These third parties put down advertising cookies both when you visit our Site and when you use their services and navigate away from our Site.
Third Parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on this career site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. You can learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, as described under the heading "How can I control cookies?" in the Cookie Statement.
Users can control the use of the following third-party cookies as follows:
In addition to the cookies set by third parties set out above, the following other advertising cookies are also used:
META BCG uses these cookies to provide you with experiences and marketing messages based on your likely interests subject to your consent. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the Website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Meta. Meta may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Meta's behalf. Meta will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Facebook. Learn more about Facebook's data use policy.
These cookies are persistent that persist in the browser for up to 3 months.
This Site uses the following functional cookies from Facebook: · fr · _fbp
LINKEDIN LinkedIn is a business and employment-oriented social networking service that operates via websites and mobile apps. These cookies enable behavioral advertising and analytics by LinkedIn.
lang is a session cookie. All other cookies are persistent that persist in the browser for up to two years:
· lidc · AnalyticsSyncHistory · UserMatchHistory · li_sugr · U · bcookie · lang
RECRUITICS These cookies collect information to measure and understand how visitors use our Site. This includes user activity tracking on this Site, including pages visited and links clicked. This site currently uses the following cookies from Recruitics:
This site currently uses the following cookies from Choozle:
These cookies are persistent that persist in the browser for up to two years:
The Reddit Pixel creates a cookie named _rdt_uuid. The duration of this cookie is 90 days.
This site currently uses the following persistent cookies from The Trade Desk:
Use of IP addresses and web logs
We may also use your IP address and browser type to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site and to improve the service we offer to you. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on the internet. Your IP address might also be used to gather broad demographic information.
We may perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (e.g. google.com) to more accurately gauge our users’ demographics.